I was passed this description. Sounds like a great opportunity.
Job Description – Associate (Developing world) The Khan Academy (www.khanacademy.org) is looking for an exceptional associate to join our small, but elite team that is trying to change the face of education. The Khan Academy is a fast-paced educational non-profit startup that is backed by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and Google. Our mission is to provide a world-class education to anyone, anywhere. We already provide lessons to a million students every month, and we’re growing quickly. We recently received funding from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and won Google’s Project 10 to the 100 contest of ideas to change the world.
We are creating the world’s free virtual school — with videos on all imaginable topics in all major languages, individualized learning software/practice problems, and a community where learners can collaborate. Additionally, we are running pilots in a few classrooms where Khan Academy is the “operating system” of a new paradigm of teaching. We envision a world where technology redefines how teachers run their classes, with individualized instruction and real-time monitoring of student performance. We are currently piloting this model, and plan on refining/adapting it to roll out to classrooms across both the developed and developing world We are a small team with big aspirations. This is a perfect role for an individual looking to make a dramatic difference in the world, gain exceptional work experience in a small high-caliber team, and play an influential and exciting role in a start-up environment. We offer:
- Competitive salaries
- The ability to spend your time on high-impact work that’s already defining the future of education
- A fun, high-caliber team that trusts you, and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
- A desire to change the world
- 1-5 years of work experience. Experience in a high caliber teaching or education role (e.g., TFA) and developing world experience (e.g., Peace Corps) is a plus
- Ability to deal in ambiguous and dynamically changing environments
- Entrepreneurial and “can-do” attitude. You love tackling tough problems, and know you can crack them
- Strong quantitative skills and technology proficiency
- Great intuition for how users like to learn, and an enthusiasm to try new methods
- Distinctive interpersonal and communication skills
- Driving international coordination of resources in a developing region
- Collaborating with relevant constituents in region to ensure successful implementation of Khan Academy and understanding nuances specific to the region
- Facilitating professional development and trainings
- Visiting and observing classrooms to improve product capabilities
- Tracking performance metrics and synthesize findings
- Facilitating translation of Khan Academy videos and exercises
- Coordinating ad-hoc tasks and projects as needed
Apply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, the position (Associate – Developing world), and an explanation of why you want to join.